Good Place to work

I have been working at Northwest FCU

Pros

Great Benefits, Pay is Decent, Job advancement

Cons

Tough to move up Favortism Low Morale of Employees

Northwest FCU Response

May 6, 2015 – VP Marketing

Thank you for sharing your assessment of our strengths, as well as our opportunities for growth. Today, Northwest Federal strives to address our employees’ issues, and employee morale is especially ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Northwest FCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay, benefits, and advancement opportunities are second to none. The Executives care about doing what is best for the credit union, members, and employees.

Cons

There are some people who need to retire. They have been here far too long and are only holding others back by trying to hold to a business model that didn't work well years ago. Change with the times or leave.

Advice to Management

Change is difficult, but you are headed in the right direction. Communicate more with the employees and get rid of the ineffective people.

2. Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Northwest FCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent co-workers who care greatly about our impact to members. Strong financial institution that is growing rapidly. Excellent benefits, good pay compared with other credit unions. Pace is fast and always things to do (which I suppose could also be seen as a negative if you want to coast in your job). Good opportunities to move across organization. Open door policy with senior management and an anonymous third party ethics hotline if there are concerns which should be addressed anonymously.

Cons

Due to fast growth, not always hiring the right person into the right job which adds some frustration. Plans are not well communicated through all levels of management and across all departments.

Advice to Management

Talk more with employees and share the direction. Help everyone understand our strategy, where we are going and how we plan to get there.

Northwest FCU Response

Jul 21, 2015 – Northwest Federal

We’re happy to hear you like working at Northwest and appreciate the benefits we offer our employees, as well as our cultural commitment to delivering excellent member service. We strive to hire the ... More