Northwestern Mutual

www.northwesternmutual.com
  www.northwesternmutual.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Can't imagine myself elsewhere...

Current Employee - Director of Selection in Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - Director of Selection in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

This is such a solid company with multiple accolades, and I am so proud to work here. We have a great company and office culture - we have a young, successful office full of driven, excited people. Our representatives are convicted about their daily work, and are truly interested in clients' best interests. Our leadership team offers solid accountibility and desires to see new and veteran resresentatives succeed.

Cons

Lack of one-on-one assistance in implementing recruiting initiatives. We have multiple offices recruiting on various campuses, which confuses people in career services - we need a home office-directed structure.

Please develop a leadership path for recruiters, and hold all offices accountible to running a LEAD program.

1496 Other Employee Reviews for Northwestern Mutual (View Most Recent)

Find the opportunity and long term career you're looking for, if it's right for you!

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Flexibility and the opportunity to help others make difficult decisions. There is great opportunity for advancement within your own career plan and discretion. As you work through the many details associated with each day, you find yourself loving your opportunity to succeed while providing people you and your clients care about the financial security that will allow them to sleep at night.

Cons

You have to be VERY Disciplined to carry out your daily schedule. If you can't do that, you won't survive. While this career has many opportunities, it is not for everyone. The management has developed many methods in working with recruits to help them make informed decisions about the opportunity and how it applies to them.

Keep up the great work with tradition and direction within this great organization.

Northwestern Mutual is the best company in the United States.

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Cedar City, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Cedar City, UT

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

You have your own business, so you are compensated for the work that you are willing to do. The company has very good training so that you are not just left on your own to figure things out. You work next to people just like you everyday so that you can all work together and push each other to become the best that you are. The company's financial strength is so good that you don't really need anything else to know that you are working for a company that will keep its promise. In these days that is better than what most companies can give you.

Cons

There is really nothing bad about this company. Look at Forbes magazine. It has been the most admired company in its industry for 25 years straight. That says something when your competitors in the industry will give you that rating for 25 years running.

None