There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Can't imagine myself elsewhere...

Current Employee - Director of Selection in Fort Wayne, IN
Current Employee - Director of Selection in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

This is such a solid company with multiple accolades, and I am so proud to work here. We have a great company and office culture - we have a young, successful office full of driven, excited people. Our representatives are convicted about their daily work, and are truly interested in clients' best interests. Our leadership team offers solid accountibility and desires to see new and veteran resresentatives succeed.

Cons

Lack of one-on-one assistance in implementing recruiting initiatives. We have multiple offices recruiting on various campuses, which confuses people in career services - we need a home office-directed structure.

Advice to Management

Please develop a leadership path for recruiters, and hold all offices accountible to running a LEAD program.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not your run of the mill internship

Former Employee - Financial Representative Intern in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Representative Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Internship is top in the country, and the products are of the highest quality in the industry.

Cons

You have no one to blame for failure but yourself. So no excuses.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and add more specialized training to the intern development.

2. Great Company, Great People!

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

You really feel you're a part of a family working here. Everybody's very respectful of one another, even if they don't necessarily agree with each other, and everyone understands when work needs to be done. Nobody really slacks off because we're all in this together, so everyone puts forth their best efforts to accomplish their jobs.

I am especially proud to tell people who I work for, and they seem like they genuinely want to do the right thing for their employees and customers.

Cons

The pay is a bit below average compared with other similar jobs in the area, but their benefits more than make up for it.

Advice to Management

Continue to want to know what people think about the company, and continue to get feedback from lower-level employees. Yes, Interns too!