Northwestern Mutual

Great job excellent atmosphere

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Troy, MI
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Troy, MI

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

it is a great place to work at your own leisure the people and atmosphere are great your earning potential is unlimited at northwestern mutual. The internship is rated amongst the best in the nation. The hours can be long but it all pays in the end. Northwestern is ranked as the best and it is because of its employees.

Cons

It is hard to launch a career with minimual funds the begging pay is low but you are given the tools to suceed. You get what you put in but advancement can be slow. Be prepared to earn your paycheck. Long hours but very rewarding.

They do a great job at giving employees the tools needed to suceed. The harder you work the more you are rewarded.

1504 Other Employee Reviews for Northwestern Mutual (View Most Recent)

The company that Jim Collins should have written about.

Former Employee - Compliance Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Compliance Director in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Rock solid company with an outstanding reputation. Never having to appologize to customers because of the performance of the company itself, and for the most part, the field force that represents NML. Excellent products, delivering great policyholder value is another big plus. Highly competent leadership that has propelled the company to it's current stature. Fortune's most admired company top spot in the insurance industry for 25 years in a row (only company to hold the top spot for ALL years the survey has been done).

Cons

NML tends to be a very frugal company. There is often a hesitancy to spend money or to inovate.

Keep doing what you are doing. Look at how we can accelerate growth and innovation to stay comfortably ahead of competition.

Northwestern Mutual provides a great place to work.

Current Employee - Security Officer/Protective Services in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Security Officer/Protective Services in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

I believe that Northwestern Mutual has proven it's record as a great place to work. The people I work with have always been supportive of my efforts, and work together as a true team. This is the first time in my work history that I can truly say I found a place of employment that has provided me a solid foundation. Northwestern Mutual has been truthful to employees in its promise to help its employees grow in their career expectations, and has provided a promising future.

Cons

The only downside with Northwestern Mutual has been my daily long commute to work . The increase in gas prices has been hard. The counter-balance of the work atmosphere and dependability of the job far outways any negative
    attributes which have arised in my career. If you give your best at Northwestern Mutual, the return you receive brings personal reward and satisfaction.

I work most often with my co-workers, with limit commuication with Senior Management. I believe that more interaction with Senior Management would help in answering questions that arise on the job that may cause stress.

There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern Mutual