Northwestern Mutual
3.7 of 5 1,131 reviews
www.northwesternmutual.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Best Place to Work

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFree lunch, great medical benefits, wonderful work environment, and great people to work with. This company provides everything you need to become successful as far as training, tuition reimbursement, and advancement opportunities. If you are willing to work and pursue your career, this is a great place to do it.

ConsIt is a very conservative environment. Hierarchical. It matters who you know, who you are seen with, how much you network, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue pursuing diversity and inclusion. The program will take a while to take hold because the company is very much like an old man set in his ways; however, when the openmindedness of receiving insight from those who have different opinions, life experiences, and perspectives - it will sound like glass walls are shattering because growth is going to take place.

Financial Representaitve

Financial Representative (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great system and staff. If you do the work it… Cons: there are no cons if you do the work. Advice to Senior Management: continue what you are doing! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company to work for in you want to be in SALES. If not it is horrible!!

Financial Representative (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great Culture that cares deeply about helping clients gain financial security. Upper management and specialists are very approachable and always willing to give advice and help… Cons: 100% commission, and the company penny pinches so much. They charge you for copying, faxing, and other random fees that I do not understand. … Advice to Senior Management: I know you want reps to work hard, but STOP encouraging new reps to enter… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.