Northwestern Mutual
3.7 of 5 1,133 reviews
www.northwesternmutual.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Best Place to Work

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFree lunch, great medical benefits, wonderful work environment, and great people to work with. This company provides everything you need to become successful as far as training, tuition reimbursement, and advancement opportunities. If you are willing to work and pursue your career, this is a great place to do it.

ConsIt is a very conservative environment. Hierarchical. It matters who you know, who you are seen with, how much you network, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue pursuing diversity and inclusion. The program will take a while to take hold because the company is very much like an old man set in his ways; however, when the openmindedness of receiving insight from those who have different opinions, life experiences, and perspectives - it will sound like glass walls are shattering because growth is going to take place.

Awesome

Financial Representative (Current Employee)
Richland, WA

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than a year

Pros: Unlimited income potential, amazing comrade re, fantastic learning opportunity Cons: It is strictly commission based, and they have a lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

You get out what you put in

College Financial Representative (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for less than a year

Pros: You will have unlimited income potential, you will recieve top quality training within… Cons: There is no true base salary, so you will be living off commission based pay… Advice to Senior Management: You're great. Consider a giving entry level reps a specified… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.