Northwestern Mutual
3.6 of 5 1,231 reviews
www.northwesternmutual.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Challenging and rewarding work with good benefits and a healthy work life balance.

Architect (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

ProsNorthwestern Mutual (NM) Corporate Headquarters is not for everyone, but if you can learn to adapt and work within or around NM's culture you will be satisfied working for one of the best companies in the Midwest.
-People REALLY care about the company
-VERY strong brand
-Stability
-career opportunities (cross-training is encouraged and rewarded if you can level up quickly)
-Good compensation package (not great from an IT perspective, but not bad)
-pension
-lunch...
-amenities

ConsThe culture is one of the most difficult things to get used to. It's possible to thrive within the structure, but takes a long time to get used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage people to take more chances.

You get out what you put in

College Financial Representative (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for less than a year

Pros: You will have unlimited income potential, you will recieve top quality training within… Cons: There is no true base salary, so you will be living off commission based pay… Advice to Senior Management: You're great. Consider a giving entry level reps a specified… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awesome

Financial Representative (Current Employee)
    Richland, WA

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than a year

Pros: Unlimited income potential, amazing comrade re, fantastic learning opportunity Cons: It is strictly commission based, and they have a lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.