Northwestern Mutual

www.northwesternmutual.com

Good for resume, and that is all it is good for.

College Financial Representative (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsThe company does a great job putting you through a training program and getting you excited about the opportunity. The company is very financially solid and job security seems high.

ConsTerrible position for someone starting out or in college. After training they give you absolutely no help and have high expectations. All they want to do is sell life insurance to your family and friends. Total joke of a system and they lost all my respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't say you enjoy to bring on a lot of interns and new financial reps to do anything but steal the clients for your top managers. Giving them 1/2 of the credit and money is a joke.

ehhh

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

I worked at Northwestern Mutual full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Potential to make good income, but that's if you… Cons: - Constantly at the office instead of selling - Dying industry - you are asked to constantly… Advice to Senior Management: - The Irvne office in general needs new management. The managing director makes claims that are totally… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Be Ready to Work Hard and Start Awkward Conversations with Customers

Intern (Former Employee) La Jolla, CA

I worked at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Makes you access your market ( Family and Friends) - Making connections with these people will help you in everything you do after this… Cons: Makes you start conversations with family and friends in order to sell… Advice to Senior Management: Be more upfront upon hiring No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!