Northwestern Mutual
3.7 of 5 1,128 reviews
www.northwesternmutual.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Some of the best training in the industry

Financial Representative (Former Employee)
Waukesha, WI

I worked at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than a year

ProsTwo offices to my knowledge, Chicago and Milwaukee, have managing partners who push their financial reps harder than anyone else in the business. There's a reason why they are so successful.

Training is very thorough and had several headhunters contact me for other opportunities based solely on my experience with NMFN.

I worked out of the Waukesha, WI office and had the best support from the College Unit Director, Managing Director, and other reps within the office.

ConsI can't say anything bad about the company. It's a wonderful place to work. Well, it would be nice if the financial reps got to taste some of that awesome food at the home office.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up fellas.

Amazing opportunity if you can survive!

College Financial Representative (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Income potential, work/life balance, rewarding career helping people, great company… Cons: Tough job with a high turnover rate, you will make it if you continue to see enough people each week which means you must always… Advice to Senior Management: Great training program on the sales aspect of the business as calling, closing, prospecting, but need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Experience, but relative

Financial Representative Intern (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for more than a year

Pros: My internship at Northwestern was one of the best summers I have ever had. You can make a lot of good money meet a… Cons: The experience is quite relative. Some offices are the total opposite of my own experience. Try to get a feel for the people… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.