Northwestern Mutual

www.northwesternmutual.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Some of the best training in the industry

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Waukesha, WI
Former Employee - Financial Representative in Waukesha, WI

I worked at Northwestern Mutual full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Two offices to my knowledge, Chicago and Milwaukee, have managing partners who push their financial reps harder than anyone else in the business. There's a reason why they are so successful.

Training is very thorough and had several headhunters contact me for other opportunities based solely on my experience with NMFN.

I worked out of the Waukesha, WI office and had the best support from the College Unit Director, Managing Director, and other reps within the office.

Cons

I can't say anything bad about the company. It's a wonderful place to work. Well, it would be nice if the financial reps got to taste some of that awesome food at the home office.

Keep it up fellas.

1615 Other Employee Reviews for Northwestern Mutual (View Most Recent)

Amazing opportunity if you can survive!

Former Intern - College Financial Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Intern - College Financial Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Northwestern Mutual as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Income potential, work/life balance, rewarding career helping people, great company culture and recognition.

Cons

Tough job with a high turnover rate, you will make it if you continue to see enough people each week which means you must always be prospecting for potential clients, thought of as a financial advisor, but you are really just selling life insurance, period. After you gain enough clients roughly 3-5 years in it may be possible to start using investment services and wealth management.

Great training program on the sales aspect of the business as calling, closing, prospecting, but need to do more with financial training so reps better understand the products, estate tax laws, etc.

Great Experience, but relative

Current Intern - Financial Representative Intern in Richmond, VA
    Current Intern - Financial Representative Intern in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

My internship at Northwestern was one of the best summers I have ever had. You can make a lot of good money meet a lot of great people. The networking opportunities of this internship is probably the most prominent attribute to this internship. The development is great and go to Milwaukee for the Annual meeting. You will not regret it.

Cons

The experience is quite relative. Some offices are the total opposite of my own experience. Try to get a feel for the people during your interview. Be prepared to dial old friends and family trying to sell them things. However, NFMN products are superb, so it was easy for me to have a good attitude about selling to people I am close to.

Keep up the good work.