Northwestern Mutual
3.7 of 5 1,129 reviews
www.northwesternmutual.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Great internship.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for more than a year

ProsGreat training. Make your own hours and control your own destiny with the company. You can build a great commission base if you stick with the company long enough.

ConsNeed a cult mentality. They definately expect you to "drink the kool-aid" and be completely devoted to the company. If you can you'll probably do well.

Best place to work

Financial Representative (Current Employee)
Lima, OH

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Having worked 18 years at an oil refinery where the employer basically "owned" you NML is a great place to work. I missed a lot… Cons: Can't really think of anything because you get out what… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Place to Word

Intern (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for less than a year

Pros: You can make a ton of money Cons: Takes a lot of work 50-60 hours per week and… Advice to Senior Management: None No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.