Northwestern Mutual
3.7 of 5 1,130 reviews
www.northwesternmutual.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Rewarding

Financial Representative (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY

I worked at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for less than a year

ProsVery practical experience in the business world. Become comfortable phoning and conducting meetings. Test drive a career in the financial services industry. Allowed to set your own schedule.

ConsExpected to try to sell to friends and family. Need to have tough skin to handle rejection. Compensation is mainly commission which is tough for college students.

Financial Representative Position

Financial Representative (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than a year

Pros: One of the best companies to work for. Northwestern assures that their employees are extremely qualified to aid their clients in… Cons: The industry lends itself to a competitive nature. People who are not motivated by competition or are… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to provide your employees and customers with great financial… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Working in Northwestern Mutual

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual part-time for less than a year

Pros: They provide a lot of support in terms of training… Cons: All insurance company works like this: you are your own boss, you have to rent your own desk even, and you have to pay… More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.