Northwestern Mutual

OK

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Lincoln, NE
Former Employee - Financial Representative in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Internship paid 100 dollars a week plus the ability to earn an unlimited amount to commission with hard work and motivation.

Cons

The commission is below par compared to other insurance companies and whole life insurance is sold like an investment to every one where there could be better options.

I feel the training program is rushed and focused on sales before proper training and understanding of jobs is shown.

1499 Other Employee Reviews for Northwestern Mutual (View Most Recent)

Great way to gain experience and insite into the financial markets.

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Very experienced staff and works with you on the varies aspects of the industry. Would recommend everyone to challenge themselves by working at NM.

Cons

Compensation might be slightly lower then peers. And the name branding is not a nationally top tier brand. Many people that you try to sell to will wonder who is this?

Make product lines more flexible with the current times to make them easier and better product to sell. And make diverse changes with the times.

Tough for young people out of college....

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

The management team are very helpful and encouraging in letting people grow their practice. The training we all received was a wonderful experience. NMFN gives you all the tools you need to build a successful practice; however, they can only give so much. The rest is up to your work ethic.

Cons

Some people consider that our compensation of commissions is a 'con,' but that is up to the person. Hard working and motivated people will love the fact that their earnings correlate directly with their work ethic.

Spend a bit more time with the newer reps, especially the ones out of college. Their disciplinary level is different then an incoming career changer. Also, we have to do something to fix the high turnover rate. This is the best way to get a better market penetration.

There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern Mutual