OK

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Lincoln, NE
Former Employee - Financial Representative in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Internship paid 100 dollars a week plus the ability to earn an unlimited amount to commission with hard work and motivation.

Cons

The commission is below par compared to other insurance companies and whole life insurance is sold like an investment to every one where there could be better options.

Advice to Management

I feel the training program is rushed and focused on sales before proper training and understanding of jobs is shown.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great way to gain experience and insite into the financial markets.

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Very experienced staff and works with you on the varies aspects of the industry. Would recommend everyone to challenge themselves by working at NM.

Cons

Compensation might be slightly lower then peers. And the name branding is not a nationally top tier brand. Many people that you try to sell to will wonder who is this?

Advice to Management

Make product lines more flexible with the current times to make them easier and better product to sell. And make diverse changes with the times.

2. FR POSITION

Current Employee - Financial Representative
    Current Employee - Financial Representative

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

This career is an incredible opportunity to help individuals, families and business across the country. The career is not for everyone and requires so much of your time in your first 5 years in the business. The training and support is phenominal but, at the end of the day it is up to me to make it work and create a life for my own family while helping others.

Cons

There are no downsides to NMFN . The downside is the work/life balance in the first few years. But, if you can remember why and what you are doing it for you will benefit.

Advice to Management

I dont have much advice for management. I truly follow their advice and lead and go out there and help people.