Northwestern Mutual
3.6 of 5 1,231 reviews
www.northwesternmutual.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Northwestern Mutual is a great company to work for

Associate Director of Network Office Supervision (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsThe culture is great! Love the opportunities that I have had with this company. I have had an opportunity to grow in knowledge and experience. Great opportunities for self-improvement and gaining knowledge of the Financial Services Industry.

ConsI really do not have any cons about this company. My only issue is that I have over an hour communte to work and do not get out of the office much.

Opportunity to learn, but forced your hand in tapping out your network

College Financial Representative (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Northwestern Mutual part-time for more than a year

Pros: -Continuous training in sales -Top notch resources and facilities -Learn from established Life Insurance Salesmen… Cons: - No pay, all gas and expenses are out of pocket. $100 weekly stipend is insulting -Out of date technology, no computers for Interns -Tough to own… Advice to Senior Management: Need to be more straightforward in admitting that the interns job is to get additional prospects for the full-time salesmen, who will then split commission… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Financial Rep who failed

Financial Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Northwestern Mutual full-time for less than a year

Pros: You learn about the insurance industry. You also learn a ton about sales.… Cons: Basically, if you don't have a natural market in the area, i.e. people whom you KNOW are willing to buy insurance, you are going to… Advice to Senior Management: Learning by trial and error is costly to new reps in time, money, and stress. I think I would have done a lot better as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.