I am treated well and would like to stay as long as possible

Current Employee - Associate Financial Advisor  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Associate Financial Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many aspects of the job are negotiable: salary, hours, bonuses. The company is good and the training available is also good.

Cons

In the area of support, growth potential is limited. If you work as a registered sales rep, growth potential is unlimited.

Other Reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Intern

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual as an intern

Pros

Had a great learning experience as an intern for 2 and a half years. Great place for me to work through college.

Cons

The nature of the business is just very tough. Those who have a strong natural market will do much better right off the bat.

Spend more time with young reps. There are many orphan clients that have no rep any longer because they are not in the business. Those would be great people for new reps to meet with and see if that can add value anywhere.

Northwestern Mutual is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Associate Director of Network Office Supervision  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Director of Network Office Supervision in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture is great! Love the opportunities that I have had with this company. I have had an opportunity to grow in knowledge and experience. Great opportunities for self-improvement and gaining knowledge of the Financial Services Industry.

Cons

I really do not have any cons about this company. My only issue is that I have over an hour communte to work and do not get out of the office much.

There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!