Intern

I worked at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Hands-on experience, amazing co-workers, helpful mentors, wonderful office, and a great product that will truly help people

Cons

Few people want insurance - it's hard to hear people say no when they clearly need it. Also, commission-based salary can make income level uncertain.

Advice to Management

The company is on the right track. Keep it up!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Review of Northwestern Mutual

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Northwestern Mutual as an intern

Pros

Northwestern Mutual's management is very supportive of the interns and the learning process that you have to go through with this job.

Cons

The only problem I would see with this career is the limited growth possibilities, because the skills you gain and lisences only apply to this field.

TERRIBLE SCAM COMPANY DO NOT WORK HERE

Former Employee - Campus Recruiter in Wellesley, MA
    Former Employee - Campus Recruiter in Wellesley, MA

I worked at Northwestern Mutual full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay for your trips to Milwaukee , WI to learn more which is nice for development... However I find it hard to find any pros about this company considering they pay DIRT ( 33K for Campus Recruiter) and they want you working 60 hours a week traveling to every campus and still come in at 7AM!

Cons

HORRIBLE PAY: I made 30 K as a receptionist and was promoted to Campus Recruiter and was given a raise to 33,000 which was not much better...

NO VACATION TIME: after 1 year was only 5 days and this included sick time so god forbid I had a cold I still had to come in and work unless I wanted to have NO time off for the holidays..

AWKWARD WORKING SPACE : Because most of the people working there were selling life insurance and FAILING AT IT and then getting fired, ti was a sad environment to work in, no one was ever there very long and they were all miserable.

Advice to Management

STOP HIRING YOUR FAMILY , let people take lunch breaks and give them a pay they deserve!