Northwestern Mutual

www.northwesternmutual.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Financial Representative Intern

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Supportive of the interns, provided the necessary training to get started, provided necessary resources to succeed.

Great experience!

Cons

Commission and salary. You make the money you worked for. If you really want this as a full time job, you must go out there and prospect. NM doesn't give you any leads. That's kind of hard for an intern whose market is the 19-23 year olds

1327 Other Employee Reviews for Northwestern Mutual (View Most Recent)

Great internship program

Former Employee - Financial Representative Intern  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Representative Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great Training Programs! They really invest in their interns.

The annual meeting in Milwaukee. Hear the company's top executives speak and motivate.

Work you do for your clients can really have a positive effect on their lives.

Cons

Compensation is heavily commissioned based.

Not easy selling financial securities. Have to be wired to constantly be selling.

TERRIBLE SCAM COMPANY DO NOT WORK HERE

Former Employee - Campus Recruiter  in  Wellesley, MA
    Former Employee - Campus Recruiter in Wellesley, MA

I worked at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay for your trips to Milwaukee , WI to learn more which is nice for development... However I find it hard to find any pros about this company considering they pay DIRT ( 33K for Campus Recruiter) and they want you working 60 hours a week traveling to every campus and still come in at 7AM!

Cons

HORRIBLE PAY: I made 30 K as a receptionist and was promoted to Campus Recruiter and was given a raise to 33,000 which was not much better...

NO VACATION TIME: after 1 year was only 5 days and this included sick time so god forbid I had a cold I still had to come in and work unless I wanted to have NO time off for the holidays..

AWKWARD WORKING SPACE : Because most of the people working there were selling life insurance and FAILING AT IT and then getting fired, ti was a sad environment to work in, no one was ever there very long and they were all miserable.

STOP HIRING YOUR FAMILY , let people take lunch breaks and give them a pay they deserve!

There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern Mutual

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!