Northwestern Mutual

Incredible Opportunity

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Financial Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

I have found Northwestern to be a company I can trust with my own business and that of my clients. I know I will never have to apologize for the way they conduct business, and this has proven to be true in several personal experiences. My career with Northwestern has gotten off to a fast start, and the leadership in place is excellent.

Cons

Working as a financial representative takes a lot of dedication and hard work, so the job is not for everyone.

Keep doing all the right things!

1456 Other Employee Reviews for Northwestern Mutual (View Most Recent)

Best opportunity for ambitous people!

Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Lake Charles, LA
    Current Employee - Director of Recruiting in Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Great people. Flexible schedule. You can't be laid off and their are no ceilings for your growth. Your financial and professional success depends on your effort. Best training in the industry. History of company commitment to it's clients. Enables you to to have work/life balance. Residual income. Incredible retirement and benefits. Definitely a people business. Best company in the industry hands down- only company with highest possible financial strength ratings with a positive outlook.
    No cold-calling, at least that's the case in our office, we do everything on a referral basis. That's how our home office trains.

Cons

Hard work! You don't get rich over night. You have to be motivated and passionate about helping others plan financially if you want to make money. You can't play the blame game because it's all on your shoulders. There are no hand outs or bail outs. You are responsible for you. It's not for people who are just average because it's not a employee position. You are running your own practice. You do have to market yourself and find your own clients, but who you call on is up to you. Underwriting is strict, but that's probably why the company has been around for 153 years...

Don't hire people who aren't coachable and who just want to make money. They have to have passion and be ambitious to make it here.

Investments & Insurance

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Summit, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Summit, NJ

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual

Pros

Training and company Brand Recognition

Cons

Overall cost management for portfolios

Interactive support