Northwestern Mutual
3.7 of 5 1,131 reviews
www.northwesternmutual.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Good place for sales representatives.

Financial Adviser (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Northwestern Mutual

ProsNorthwestern Mutual is a good place for people who are good at sales related financial services. The compensation is good for the people who can sell.

ConsIf you are not a sales type of person, you will struggle to make money as it is based all on compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is terrific. The only matter is in the employees being good at sales. The management can help you figure out if it's right for you to be at Northwestern Mutual.

You Need a Book of Business!

Financial Representative (Former Employee)
Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Northwestern Mutual

Pros: If you are a motivated person who can hit the pavement everyday chasing down leads and… Cons: 100% Commission Generate your own leads 1099 Independent contractor so no benefits or employer perks All the… Advice to Senior Management: None...I know that you higher a bunch of kids out of college to try and sell insurance to their families to… More

Great reputable company

Web Administrator (Former Employee)
Franklin, WI

I worked at Northwestern Mutual

Pros: Great work-life balance (flexible), great benefits, decent salary, very active in the community (charities,… Cons: The company has NEVER had a layoff and it's VERY difficult to get fired and therefore they never "trim the fat" and have many workers… Advice to Senior Management: Too many "technical" people are made managers when they are great at what they do at a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.