Northwestern University

www.northwestern.edu
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern University

Very good work experience at Northwestern University

I have been working at Northwestern University part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Northwestern University has a nice campus. The living expense here is not very high. You can talk with the students here.

Cons

Winter is cold in Chicago. If you like cold weather, you will probably like to work and live here.

495 Other Employee Reviews for Northwestern University (View Most Recent)

CURE Summer Research Internship at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

Former Intern - Summer Research Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Summer Research Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Northwestern University as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

One of the greatest learning experiences I have had during my college career is the research opportunity I have been privileged with through the CURE summer research internship at Northwestern University. From attending talks by leaders in the field of oncology, to preparing abstracts and presenting my research findings, I had the opportunity to experience the trials and tribulations of an oncology researcher first-hand. The hours I spent in lab over the duration of summer 2011 have molded me into a much more patient experimenter and enabled me to become more disciplined - traits that will serve me well in any field.

Cons

Outside of the research experiences, the summer program was a bit lacking with regards to sight seeing, networking, and other activities. The program is strictly a research program so if you're looking to gain clinical experience you'll ought to look elsewhere.

Mixed bag of good and bad

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant III in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Northwestern University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great tuition benefits and retirement plan. Decent people on occasion. Not all areas of NU have cons.

Cons

Must play politics to advance in some departments, high turnover, low pay, no work life balance for some. Hard to fire incompetent staff which is bad for morale. Annual raises are around 2% for top performers, but expect zero to 1 % on average.

Nothing. You can't hope for better if management won't better itself as there seems to be little accountability for upper administration. Expect lower management to take the heat for failed decisions by those higher up on the ladder.

There are newer employer reviews for Northwestern University