Northwestern University
www.northwestern.edu Evanston, IL 5000+ Employees

Couldn't ask for more

Center Manager (Former Employee)
Evanston, IL

I worked at Northwestern University as an intern for less than a year

Prosgreat relaxing environment with intellectual people around you. Great work life balance and great location. Very great job security for regular workers. Great place to work and study at the same time.

ConsYou can't expect high salaries from an academic institution where the fund is limited. Internal promotion might take some time for regular employees since there are many workers who have been working for the school for a long time.

Good place to be a PhD student

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Northwestern University

Pros: Northwestern pays their PhD students well, though it ranges by department. The health insurance was great and you can't beat the location. Of course there… Cons: Some departments are huge, and therefore a bit overwhelming to… Advice to Senior Management: Not bad More

Cold winters/Hot tempers/It’s as real as it gets

Library-Aide (Former Employee)
Evanston, IL

I worked at Northwestern University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I did my work study here as a library aide for several years. The people were a pleasure to work with. They gave me real… Cons: Not much to complain about. So many jobs. Find one… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern University.

Worked for Northwestern University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern University CEO Morton Schapiro. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern University employees.