Northwestern University
www.northwestern.edu Evanston, IL 5000+ Employees

There is a lot to achieve if one is willing to work hard.

PhD Student In Mechanical Engineering (Current Employee)
Evanston, IL

ProsThere is a diverse group of faculty with a broad range of research interests. Each professor has their own advising unique style, hence it is difficult to relate my personal experiences to others. If one is not satisfied with their adviser, they can always switch, and there are so many great people here to find to work with.

ConsThe graduate pay is not as great. Career services here are always very busy so one has to primarily rely on themselves to get a job. Also, one has to be willing to self motivate themselves to work long hours if they hope to graduate within four years.

Laid back, easy going job but not a career

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

I have been working at Northwestern University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: no stress, no hard deadlines, good work- life balance. decent… Cons: no career path, silo units, no accountability. there might be a career progression in… Advice to Senior Management: think forward and revise the promotion policies. value work and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A great entry level administrative position!

I have been working at Northwestern University

Pros: Competent, hard-working colleagues but also great on a personal level! Cons: Not a lot of movement within. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Northwestern University.

Worked for Northwestern University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern University CEO Morton Schapiro. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern University employees.