There are newer employer reviews for Nortrak

Sometime the light at the end of the tunnell is an oncoming Train.

Current Employee - Production Employee  in  Roswell, NM
Current Employee - Production Employee in Roswell, NM

I have been working at Nortrak

Pros

It used to be a very well run company, Godd heatlh insurance, other good benfits, seniot mgmtm communicated with all employees about business

Cons

In th epast 2 years since senior managers retired, the new mgmt and senior executives make bad decesions and never inform others what they are trying to do. They have the wrong leadership running the overall operations, they think it can be run off a spreadsheet and don't know what it takes to actually make railroad trackwork. Common sense does not enter into most decesions they make.

When you cut too many employees, it is hard to produce any product, try to be around when the economy rebounds.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Nortrak (View Most Recent)

get a clue and get the plants and find out what we make.

Current Employee - Plant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Plant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Nortrak

Pros

great european company with excellent benefits

Cons

senior mgmt doesn't have a cluie what is going on in the company, just worried about making the budget and can't understand when it is not achieved.

get off your ass and get to the plant s and fire some of the plant managers who can't get the job done, fire the senior vp of ops, he has no clue.

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Inspector
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Inspector

I worked at Nortrak

Pros

Good benefits package, diversity in where you can work, decent pay for the area you work and overall, management treats employess well with Employee Appreciation, Christmas parties, Holidays off, overtime pay, etc.

Cons

You don't get much notification when it comes to overtime and the need to work it. Which I think is probably at most companies.

The need for better work place conditions, ie cleanliness, 5S and such, is in need of improvement at my facility.

There are newer employer reviews for Nortrak

Worked for Nortrak? Contribute to the Community!