Nortrak
www.nortrak.com Richmond, Canada 50 to 149 Employees

peatwho work hard

Cheyenne, WY

Prosthere are some good people on the production floor and they have good health insurance

ConsCost control and "lean mfg." leads to lack of tools and supplies, playing musical chairs with things like air hoses and electric cords, not being able to get a broken grinder replaced, etc. Lately management has been on a power trip making a statement by revoking previously approved vacation time, whereby employees are expected to eat the cost of purchased airfare so the union is taking them to court/arbitration, they will not approve vacation butting up against a holiday, and I have seen vacation time denied for filling in missing hours to make up for the fact that an employee working a 10 or 12 hour regular shift does not get 10 or 12 hours pay for holidays, so when you agree to work long shifts to help the efficiency of the plant you are rewarded with a short paycheck whenever there is a holiday. point system for tardiness or missing work/leaving early means you have to plan very carefully if you need to see doctor, go to DMV, register child for school, pick child up if school closes early for weather,etc. and people have been hurt on the job and been removed in ambulances and been assessed points. Recently some employees were told on wed. that they had to work sat. of a three day holiday weekend weekend, if you refuse you lose holiday pay at the very least. The worst part is the extra day was to help finished product numbers out the door, but finished product numbers were hampered by lack of parts, not worker production so overtime would have been a waste. By saturday somebody woke up and saw the big picture and cancelled the sat. overtime, meanwhile people are changing their holiday plans daily at the last minute.

Advice to Senior ManagementConfidential survey reviewed by off site personnel would go a long way toward alleviating plant level management issues. Also, rewarding cost cutting can be a dangerous thing, because if I cut feed and care costs 25% for the "horse " I look like a hero on paper but if you check the horses condition you may see you are damaging your situation by being penny wise and pound foolish.

No development, no career opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago Heights, IL

I worked at Nortrak full-time for more than a year

Pros: As the company is currently run, it is hard to find a positive comment. Although some of the people working… Cons: Bad management, completely unorganized, lack of understanding of the business, lack of respect to their employees, not a… Advice to Senior Management: You need to start following up on the market demand and realize… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sometime the light at the end of the tunnell is an oncoming Train.

Production Employee (Current Employee)
    Roswell, NM

I have been working at Nortrak

Pros: It used to be a very well run company, Godd heatlh… Cons: In th epast 2 years since senior managers retired, the new mgmt and senior executives make bad decesions and never inform others what they… Advice to Senior Management: When you cut too many employees, it is hard to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Nortrak.

Worked for Nortrak? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nortrak reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nortrak CEO Anthony Watson . All reviews posted anonymously by Nortrak employees.