Norvax

www.norvax.com
  www.norvax.com
There are newer employer reviews for Norvax

fun, challenging, dynamic environment!

I have been working at Norvax

Pros

- Flex time on Fridays
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible work hours
- Hands off management
- Minimal micromanagement
- Opportunity to work with many fun people
- Responsible for your own success
- Supportive management

Cons

Norvax is not a great place to work if you require constant management. The management team is supportive but has their own work to do, so they are not constantly checking up on you. If you thrive on receiving assignments for your daily work, then this is not a good place for you to work.

Enforce the flexible friday schedule! Some departments are better about taking advantage of this benefit than other departments. It's there for employees to use!

15 Other Employee Reviews for Norvax (View Most Recent)

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Norvax

Pros

- Coworkers are nice
    - Great break room and free coffee
    - Agile methodology followed which gives a fast turn around too high priority features from customers

Cons

- Management lies during the interview process giving rosy pictures of benefits and the kind of product they have
    - Fires consultants with no notice immediately when they find the consultants are productive and are not willing to convert to fulltime
    - Unlimited vacation concept (Is really not unlimited, you get no more than 2 weeks in practice).
    - By far one single large client

- Management should be upfront with the expectation of the role they are intending to hire for.

Very Demanding, Unrewarding

I have been working at Norvax

Pros

-People are nice, you would like to work with them and have a beer with them.
    -You will learn (less or more depending on you) at Norvax regardless of your role and work.
    -Everyone is in the same building, there are hardly any communication problems.
    -Quite close to downtown, plenty of places to eat within 10-15 mins of walk.
    -Company seems to have decent annual revenue but the means of revenue look short-term to me sometimes, I hope I am wrong and company' revenue keeps on increasing.
    -PTO is not defined so it needs to be approved by managers whatever amount you need to take whether 10 or 15 or more. I dont think managers will approve more than 15 but PTO rules are something that could be a pro or a con depending on how flexible your manager is. I do not like this rule though, I prefer the usual way of defined PTO days per year.
    -Management wants all the teams to be synchronized on company' vision and encourages activities related to that.

Cons

-Management is quite demanding, you will find yourself doing the job of 2 people most of the times.
    -Layoffs happen anytime of the year and I feel management seems to use layoff as a way to fear the remaining people work even harder. I dont know why people stick around, maybe it is due to bad economy because it is very difficult to work in an environment where you constantly feel you might get fired. I have seen top performers getting fired because they do not get along with management or they raised voice on behalf of their team which makes me nervous and look for job somewhere.
    -Less Pay, very less compared to industry standard. Annual appraisals dont change many things.
    -Company is not really taking off to be anything spectacular or eye-catching in news, it seems to be going through routine stuff.
    -Industry is very competitive and there are lots of small players in it as the technology seems to be quite copiable. No disrespect, but you just need couple of good sales people, couple of good developers and I think you can get the ball rolling in this industry.
    -Not a con really for Norvax but Insurance industry is not very exciting, it is not an industry that you would have a talk about generally outside your work.

-Norvax could be a good company to work for if you reduce your micromanagement and empower the teams to define the future. I think your over involvement is unintentionally hampering innovation and freedom of thought at Norvax.
    -Hire only the best and pay them well. Dont hire otherwise no matter what.

There are newer employer reviews for Norvax