There are newer employer reviews for Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

Enjoying working for this company

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas)

Pros

The job is very difficult at times. I have a great manager. He is very dedicated to the team's success. My teammates are great. The company has a awesome culture. :) Happy I made the decision to work here.

Cons

Punching in and out. Driving to Norcross everyday.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Nova Medical Centers (Texas) (View Most Recent)

High-stress, horrible work/life balance, unrealistic goals, high turnover. CEO is a jerk.

Former Employee - Industrial Director in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Industrial Director in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They whip you with a high salary. Enjoy it until they can your ass for not meeting impossible metrics.

Cons

Meetings every Friday afternoon and Monday morning that takes you away from invaluable time in your territory. Endless role-play that results in ridicule and behind the back mocking by peers and management, all the way up to the top. You are "salaried" but have to clock in and out. They expect you to work after hours, which you aren't compensated for. Have fun explaining that to your spouse. They monitor your every action, and get after you for gaps in activity greater than 5 minutes. No joke. Micromanagement at its finest. I'm convinced the managers steal your accounts at every turn. Worst choice I've ever made, shadiest company I've ever worked for.

Create an environment where the face of your organization can enjoy working for you, instead of dreading every minute of it. Stop referring to your sales force as losers from the deck of your yacht. I'm sure your account base can't help but notice that someone different is representing NOVA every several weeks.

Nova is the best job I have ever had. Please do not let people that do not understand a job requires work sway you.

Current Employee - Industrial Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Industrial Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nova Medical Centers (Texas) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nova Medical Centers is a great place to work. I would recommend this company to anyone that has a good work ethic and understands you have to put the time and effort in to be successful.
    The company is growing and has many opportunities available for advancement for those committed to achieving goals.
    The company has a set plan for people to follow to be successful. Plan your work and work your plan. This is a sales driven environment with goals and quotas. People that want to knock Nova Medical Centers are people that expected to put in 50% effort and with any sales job, that is not going to work. Lazy people and work do not go well together. Nova pays us very well and in return they expect us to work hard to achieve our quotas.

Training - I love the way we do training at Nova. They have a great web based training that you can learn in the privacy of your own home. Some companies have classroom setting training where you sit for a week or 2 listening to someone babble for 8 hours a day. With our training you can study an your own pace and get the knowledge you need to be successful.
    I have seen the whiners on here complaining about that as well. Again what job out there does not require employees to actually do work and get paid. I do not know of any because they are not out there.

Cons

Cons - Well I can say that we have hired a lot of hambones over the last couple of years. Not blaming Nova Recruiting Department for that. Some sales people can talk you out of your clothes. They are good persuaders when interviewing. Then they get hired and do not produce and either quit or are let go. Why does this happen? Well once again you have to work and put the time in to make it in sales. It is not an 8-5 job. People are told that when they are in the interview process. They are told about the expectations and demands of the job. This company is transparent when interviewing. You are told the good and the bad. People take the job and then try to reinvent the wheel and try to change things. Nova has a successful model in place that does not need to be changed.

Good luck to Nova as we start our expansion into other states. Nova's management wants their sales force to work and they reward the sales force with a great income opportunity. Keep up the good work and hopefully we have gotten rid of all the rif raft so called sales people out of this organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Nova Medical Centers (Texas)