There are newer employer reviews for NovaStor

Easy money for people with no pride in their work.

Former Employee - Sales in Simi Valley, CA
Former Employee - Sales in Simi Valley, CA

I worked at NovaStor

Pros

NovaStor has a relaxed atmosphere, for the most part.

Cons

There is ZERO chance for advancement at NovaStor. There is a huge amount of favoritism. Management lacks clear direction. Rather than making realistic projections, sales goals are constantly changing based on the sales force's (lack of) success and management whims.

The B.O.D. in Europe is completely blind as to the incompetence of the leadership in the U.S.

5 Other Employee Reviews for NovaStor (View Most Recent)

Great Work Environment with Uniquely Positive, Small Business Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at NovaStor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone has a voice at NovaStor and has the opportunity to present in front of the entire office in one of the weekly Friday morning breakfasts (on the company). It's an all-hands on deck company where everyone pitches in to get the job done. It is one of the most positive, encouraging work environments I have ever had the privilege of working in. Oh and they offer medical insurance for your entire family at no cost to the employees.

Cons

No 401K, but lucky for me I already had an IRA account set up so at least I'm still planning for my retirement.

Don't ever get rid of Friday morning breakfasts. This is a unique trait of NovaStor and the presentations truly offer greater visibility and transparency for all employees.

Time was not wasted, but resentment remains.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at NovaStor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I will say that NovaStor helped me jump-start my career in technology so I have a lot of appreciation that I was given this opportunity. No other high-end technology company would hire someone so inexperienced.

Cons

Favoritism is a huge problem here, both in Germany and the US. The CEO sponsors young female marketing assistants and provides luxurious international business travel opportunities to them just because. NovaStor likes to recycle old employees who have been fired in the past and bring them back as managers with an outrageous salary. When you train a behavior like this, old habits come back and business suffers. I should also mention there is zero room for advancement within the company and people who have been there for a while are bitter and you can feel it. Commission reports aren't printed so you have no idea how they calculate what you make, I know because I was burned but too late now.

To German management: Advice? Stop your favoritism and show all your hard working US employees some appreciation, more than a chocolate from time to time.

To US management: Hire a real HR person, be honest and appreciate what is in front of you. Don't look for greener grass when the greenest is right under your nose.

There are newer employer reviews for NovaStor