Novant Health

www.novanthealth.org

It was a job, not a career.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPay was decent. No overtime or shift work. I am trying to think of more, but am having a difficult time coming up with the Pros of working there. Oh, somewhat flexible schedule.

ConsNovant was strictly in a growth and acquisition mode the last 6 to 7 years. As a result, they grew with little regard towards maturing processes. Because they spent so much money acquiring other organizations, they are now forced to make reductions in their work force. I was forced to constantly justify my existence. Because some Senior Mgmt/Directors have been there for 20 years, the culture is opposed to change. In addition, these same members of mgmt don't have much experience outside of the organization. There is little to no opportunities for promotions. Career development is non-existent. Performance evaluations are merely a paper-work exercise, as performance is not tied to pay. If you are looking for a place to work where you can just blend in and meet minimal expectations, then Novant might be the place for you. If you are looking for a place that will help to advance your career, you are best to stay away from this organization. Benefits are absolutely horrible. Tuition reimbursement is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit protecting the incompetent directors that are part of middle management. Especially the ones with long tenure. You need some fresh blood in there. Quit treating your employees like crap. Quit telling them, "you should be thankful that you have a job". You need to invest in your employees using such things as growth opportunities, career development, career progression, meaningful performance feedback, and decent tuition reimbursement.

Disappointing

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Novant Health

Pros: I am Able to gain experience. Cons: Disappointed in wages and benefits. Also disappointed with management of the company… Advice to Senior Management: The wages and benefits of Novant Health are undesirable. Investing in your employees could reap your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No growth opportunity

Accountant (Former Employee)

I worked at Novant Health

Pros: Friendly co workers Very nice offices Cons: NO room for growth NO training or developing opportunities for employees to aquire or maintain skills NO… Advice to Senior Management: Value and invest in employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Novant Health.

Worked for Novant Health? Contribute to the Community!