Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research
www.nibr.com Cambridge, MA 5000+ Employees

Some growing pains but exciting place to work

Patent Attorney (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA

ProsIf you are going to work for big pharma, this is the place to be. NIBR has managed to maintain an innovative and collaborative culture separate from the "business" side of the Novartis family.

ConsIt has expanded very rapidly over the last 10 years and encountered some hickups on the way. Red tape is unavoidable within an organization this size but this has improved lately.

nice place, friendly, disorganized to the max, creative people

I have been working at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great co-workers, non-intrusive (often 8k miles away) management, good facilities Cons: Horrific waste of time on-boarding, serious turf wars among management from 2nd level up, odd culture of… Advice to Senior Management: Concentrate more seriously on great internal tools. Virtulization is… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

love the job

Investigator II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great science, excellent place to work Cons: high stress level, too many projects ongoing, lots of distraction. Advice to Senior Management: focus and give clear priority to people from top would… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research.

Worked for Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research CEO Joseph Jimenez. All reviews posted anonymously by Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research employees.