Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research

www.nibr.com
  www.nibr.com
There are newer employer reviews for Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research

Great place to work

Current Employee - Scientific Technical Leader I  in  Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Scientific Technical Leader I in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Driven colleagues, career and personal development opportunities, meritocracy (at least in some divisions)

Cons

Former culture of prejudice based on pedigree and old habits die hard

Stack ranking-esque review process can be demoralizing. Group heads should speak to associates about their managers more often. "Anonymous" 360 reviews are poor ways to learn about middle managers. Associates are not comfortable criticizing managers for fear of retribution.

79 Other Employee Reviews for Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (View Most Recent)

Novartis, an innovative biopharma company who excels in cancer target discovery and validation leading to drug discovery

Current Employee - Scientist I  in  Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Scientist I in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Novartis awards employees with excellent incentive bonus to be innovative and creative in scientific thinking towards drug development

Cons

Novartis is pursuing both delivering quality patient care through the drug discovery program and making business profits at the same time, the latter is more preferred at this time.

Novartis vision & mission statements are well composed and to be admired therefore business strategies should revolve in the fulfillment of the company's vision & mission statements.

Positive mission, patient and science focused environment

Former Employee - IT Expert  in  Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - IT Expert in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Autonomy; scientific and healthcare domain is highly interesting

Cons

Slowly moving projects; lots of bureaucracy; difficult to influence others

Worked for Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research? Contribute to the Community!