Novartis Pharmaceuticals

www.pharma.us.novartis.com
  www.pharma.us.novartis.com
There are newer employer reviews for Novartis Pharmaceuticals

overly bureaucratic but high quality science and well integrated multicultural work force

Current Employee - Lab Head  in  Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Lab Head in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Stylish, European organisation. The company pays attention to detail whether it is science, regulatory, PR or employee satisfaction. Social in an American scale.

Cons

Lack of uniform standards in operation. One has to learn how to interact with individual departments. Supervisors often create stressful microenvironment and associates have little protection but seeking other jobs. Very male heavy management.

The won't listen. Joe Jimenez is only recently took over leadership and too soon to tell. He may be too American (blunt and profit centric) for a European (more socially committed workplace) company.

494 Other Employee Reviews for Novartis Pharmaceuticals (View Most Recent)

Gave us the keys then took away the car!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  East Hanover, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

I worked at Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Good pay, benefits, resources, reputation.

Cons

Too many chefs sometimes nearly spoiling the soup, then the kitchen staff has to come to the rescue. Our group delivered way above expectations and was promised great things in return and then essentially dismantled with no warning.

Please think long term. Money market pressure for continuous short term growth is a major underlying factor for the current global economic troubles. Don't give in to it.

It was great for awhile and then it all changed

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Detroit, MI

I worked at Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Flexibility. Good Money. Company Car. Driven Sales Force. Great Reputation with Dr. Community, Great Products.

Cons

Micromanagement with "GPS" type computer system for recording calls. Very time consuming expense reports and on going product testing. Disconnect between HQ in NJ and a suffering economy in Detroit in relation to goal setting and realistic metrics.

Admit that mail order, generics and the sluggish economy has impacted how Dr.'s can wirte RX and adjust goals so more people can make quota.

There are newer employer reviews for Novartis Pharmaceuticals

Worked for Novartis Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!