Novartis Pharmaceuticals

There are newer employer reviews for Novartis Pharmaceuticals

In Technology, very disjointed

Former Employee - UI Developer in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - UI Developer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Novartis Pharmaceuticals as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Culture that promotes some aspects of technology, flexible hours, great work environment

Cons

Very short sighted when it comes to using technology. Only interested in current technology and not interested in other technologies that may be relevant. Management (or those given the illusion and responsibility of management) are not well organized and fail in communication. After meeting my hiring manager on the first day, I never heard from him again. The next senior person in the group was in charge and his management and communication skills were very weak.

Better organization and communication. Stop making several versions of the same application for different groups, it is a tremendous amount of waste, in time and money.

521 Other Employee Reviews for Novartis Pharmaceuticals (View Most Recent)

Decent company, good people

Current Employee - QC Analyst in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - QC Analyst in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Novartis Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is many opportunities for growth within the company.

Cons

Needs more structure and organization

Superb, best-in-class talent pipeline with wide latitude for career growth

Current Employee - Associate Director in East Hanover, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Director in East Hanover, NJ

I have been working at Novartis Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cross-divsional opportunities abound; size is right enough to be nimble; quick decision process; great talent and product pipeline; key focus on associate development and next role; work culture is not typical to Big Pharma; "scrappy" culture, the ferocious underdog.

Cons

Not too process-oriented, certain favors given to consultants with McKinsey or BCG background (rumors only which can be disconcerting sometimes); on-boarding not too great that most associates are left to figure out the process and people by themselves; promotion can be highly politicized that you need to have the right connections to be considered.

There are newer employer reviews for Novartis Pharmaceuticals