Novelis

www.novelis.com
  www.novelis.com
There are newer employer reviews for Novelis

Great internship experience

Former Employee - Material Characterization Intern in Kingston, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Material Characterization Intern in Kingston, ON (Canada)

I worked at Novelis as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Corporate atmosphere was great. The company's research headquarters housed many very intelligent and helpful employees.

Cons

Advancement seemed limited at my location and there was pressure to relocate to American plant locations that were not in ideal living locations.

93 Other Employee Reviews for Novelis (View Most Recent)

Great company to gain experience, but a horrible place to work at with poor management.

I worked at Novelis

Pros

Good pay, Nice environment at HQ. That's about it.

Cons

Horrible corporate politics/structure, company makes bad business decisions without contacting other departments to see how their decision will impact their departments. Took on position with hopes of growing within company, but that was not the real case. Too many contractors and not enough headcount positions lead to a stressful job. Not enough recognition, too much favoritism to given to "friends" coming in off the streets for a job. Did my great contribution to the company and for the position, but in the end, I got the shaft for not growing within the company. Very disappointed, and I do not recommend working here. Employees/contractors seem to be very disposable here and do not receive fair notice of termination/assignment ending.

Stop making poor business decisions with contractors. We are humans too. Quit treating contractors like lower level "pond scum."

Good learning experience, great people to work with

I worked at Novelis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

International company with manufacturing plants in several countries, opportunities to move around if interested

Cons

Career management, lack of retaining talents

There are newer employer reviews for Novelis