Good Experience

Pros

Friendly working environment. Lots training opportunities. Experienced senior people.

Cons

Like almost all heavy industry companies, not well balanced men/women ratio.

Other Employee Reviews for Novelis

Great internship experience

Former Intern - Material Characterization Intern in Kingston, ON (Canada)
    Former Intern - Material Characterization Intern in Kingston, ON (Canada)

I worked at Novelis as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate atmosphere was great. The company's research headquarters housed many very intelligent and helpful employees.

Cons

Advancement seemed limited at my location and there was pressure to relocate to American plant locations that were not in ideal living locations.

Great company to gain experience, but a horrible place to work at with poor management.

Pros

Good pay, Nice environment at HQ. That's about it.

Cons

Horrible corporate politics/structure, company makes bad business decisions without contacting other departments to see how their decision will impact their departments. Took on position with hopes of growing within company, but that was not the real case. Too many contractors and not enough headcount positions lead to a stressful job. Not enough recognition, too much favoritism to given to "friends" coming in off the streets for a job. Did my great contribution to the company and for the position, but in the end, I got the shaft for not growing within the company. Very disappointed, and I do not recommend working here. Employees/contractors seem to be very disposable here and do not receive fair notice of termination/assignment ending.

Advice to Management

Stop making poor business decisions with contractors. We are humans too. Quit treating contractors like lower level "pond scum."