Novell

www.novell.com

Great company with top notch people

Novell Director (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsThe salary and benefits are competitive for the local IT industry. Novell has a great culture and facilities (on-site fitness center, cafeteria, credit union, etc.) in Provo and offers a flexible work environment. The best part of working at Novell are the awesome people you get to work with every day and the many challenges and opportunities to help solve.

ConsNovell was recently acquired by the Attachmate Group and this has naturally caused a sense of uncertainty among the ranks. The leadership and business culture brought into the fold by heritage Attachmate and NetIQ is less polished even though their focus on the customer and driving revenue is sound. Many, including myself, wonder if they are poised to grow the business or merely desire to "milk the cash cow" (existing customer base and maintenance revenue stream).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great employee, partner and customer base at Novell. In order to keep the business in balance, you need to give adequate time, attention and priority to each.

Good starting job, but the department doesn't have a real career path.

License Management Analyst (Current Employee) Provo, UT

I have been working at Novell

Pros: You get great benefits and there are some great people… Cons: It's like pulling teeth to get a promotion or advance. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees and then you can know what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

No future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Provo, UT

I worked at Novell

Pros: Nice campus Nice cafeteria Nice exercise room lots of time off, didn't… Cons: Company was bought out by Attachmate, Attachmate laid off hundreds of employees company can't compete and therefore is not growing moral is way down Dead end job no… Advice to Senior Management: Attachmate should get rid the rest of the managers and then sell off the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Novell.

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!