Novell

great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Novell

Pros

great people although after novell was acquired it is a shell of its prior existence

Cons

company is in re-definition mode - new management - still tbd

303 Other Employee Reviews for Novell (View Most Recent)

It's about the people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Novell

Pros

I love working with the people at Novell, particularly members of my own team. The new leadership gets that focusing on existing customers can be a great business and can also bridge the gap from old products to new.

Cons

As with all companies, there's more to do than can be done and lots of inefficiencies.

Keep it simple. Invest in the future.

Great company with top notch people

Current Employee - Novell Director in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Novell Director in Provo, UT

I have been working at Novell

Pros

The salary and benefits are competitive for the local IT industry. Novell has a great culture and facilities (on-site fitness center, cafeteria, credit union, etc.) in Provo and offers a flexible work environment. The best part of working at Novell are the awesome people you get to work with every day and the many challenges and opportunities to help solve.

Cons

Novell was recently acquired by the Attachmate Group and this has naturally caused a sense of uncertainty among the ranks. The leadership and business culture brought into the fold by heritage Attachmate and NetIQ is less polished even though their focus on the customer and driving revenue is sound. Many, including myself, wonder if they are poised to grow the business or merely desire to "milk the cash cow" (existing customer base and maintenance revenue stream).

You have a great employee, partner and customer base at Novell. In order to keep the business in balance, you need to give adequate time, attention and priority to each.

There are newer employer reviews for Novell