Novell

www.novell.com

Solid place to work

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) Provo, UT

ProsI enjoyed the atmosphere at Novell as much as anything else. There was always a lot of work to be done, but the expectation was not that anybody had to work 24/7. The people at Novell seemed to care about each other, as people.

ConsThe company's long-term health is somewhat in question. If the Linux strategy doesn't work, they'll have gutted long-term profitable products to meet expense targets and be left with a product that ultimately doesn't produce revenue.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrim away products that make no / little money. The company is spread too thin, and the near-constant layoffs are very much a morale drain. Invest in what makes money and require all divisions of the company to do that.

Work

I have been working at Novell

Pros: Novell has a really good atmosphere and does have some of the best benefits that are available.… Cons: Novell does not have a very good way of promoting their products, thus customers move on to competitors all the time.… Advice to Senior Management: I enjoy the atmosphere but I would like to know that I have a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Project management work at Novell

Project Manager (Current Employee) Provo, UT

I have been working at Novell

Pros: Good benefits Excellent facilities, offices rather than cubicles Lots of vacation time Flexible… Cons: Uncertain future, the strategy changes so often that the average employee doesn't keep up with it. Lots… Advice to Senior Management: ask yourselves the question, "When we've off-shored the majority of R&D… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Novell.

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!