Future of company is doubtful

Current Employee - Customer Relations
Current Employee - Customer Relations

I have been working at Novell

Pros

Novell has a friendly atmosphere, some of the best benefits around, and has a good product line. The onsite cafeteria and fitness center are great and allow employees to feel more at ease. They offer a lot of time off to plan vacations through out the year.

Cons

Novell is all but sold. They got complacent years ago allowing Microsoft to become the industry standard in server technology. Many of Novell's loyal customers have jumped ship when Novell stopped following up. Sales lacks the desire to expand the company, they are too afraid of making customers upset. Although the product line is great for most businesses, there are too many variation of the products. They needed to focus on one area of the IT industry and not cater to all the needs that a customer has.

Managers are tightening their grip on everything causing stess to go up and moral to go way down. There are reports of a buy out by other companies so it wouldn't be a good career move to work for this company as the buyers most likely would take the assets and lay everyone off.

When Novell is sold off, make sure that those of us that are still working here are able to find work with other companies.

Other Reviews for Novell

My experience at Novell

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Novell

Pros

They do pay people who are higher up in the company more money, but unfortunately I was there as an intern.,

Cons

They don't pay their interns very well. They don't really care about their employees. There is a feeling that you could be laid off any time.

Take more care of your employees. They are the most important asset to your company. A place where constant fear exists is never a fun place to work.

Good place to work

I have been working at Novell

Pros

Good technology, good people, hard work

Cons

Wish that Management could turn around this company. Poor marketing. Newvision every year. Poor execution.

Sell the company

There are newer employer reviews for Novell.

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!