Novell
www.novell.com Provo, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Lacks competency and the winning attitude

Software Consultant (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at Novell

Pros* Promotes patent culture
* Some projects are innovative and challenging, but they are very few

Cons* Most people I worked with lacked technical competency
* Most people taking interviews are incompetent
* Lack of challenges as most projects are in maintenance mode
* Lots of regionalism
* Unsophisticated work culture
* Incompetent management

Advice to Senior Management* Need to look at the selection process more closely and only have right set of people in interview panel. Otherwise, a team will be formed which can be dispelled without incurring any loss.
* More structured decision making would help in keeping employees out of surprises. Releases need to be planned appropriately by taking all factors in account.
* Change the lower management. Old timers in lower management need to be assessed for having right set of skills of management.

Great people, Process Heavy Environment

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Novell

Pros: The people at Novell are some of the smartest, most passionate for success, and solution-minded you'll ever meet. I would gladly work with most… Cons: Depending on the particular external customer/partner segment you work with you will likely encounter strong "Novell" brand affiliation with traditional NOS products... even though the… Advice to Senior Management: Be more agile and flexible... stop being so rigid around process for the sake of process. Focus on the short AND… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work

I have been working at Novell

Pros: Good technology, good people, hard work Cons: Wish that Management could turn around this company. Poor marketing.… Advice to Senior Management: Sell the company No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Novell.

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Novell CEO Bob Flynn . All reviews posted anonymously by Novell employees.