There are newer employer reviews for Novell

Novell - Good or Bad?

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Novell

Pros

1. Good Products.
2. Good infrastructure.
3. Free transport
4. Unlimited sick leaves :)
5. Good benefits for employees.

Cons

1. Bad Management
2. No growth.
3. No freedom of opinion.
4. Not open to changes.
5. In -secured employees.
6. POLITICS
7. Biasing based on language, region, personal liking etc..

GROW UP!
GET TRAINED!
USE YOUR BRAINS!
PLEASE ACT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

301 Other Employee Reviews for Novell (View Most Recent)

Great Technology, Poor Marketing

I have been working at Novell

Pros

* has outstanding software technology in many IT areas
    * has eDirectory and Identity Management solution that is above the rest in the marketplace
    * The SLES OS, Novell Cluster Services on Linux and Business Continuity Clustering on Linux software is top notch

Cons

But with all this great software technology needs to be a great marketing to IT professionals and IT management. Novell has a very hard time getting the word out what they have to offer in the IT space. This is the soar spot I have seen, since working at Novell. I have been with this company for over 10 years. If we could only get the message out there what we have and how better it is to the competition, we could be a better known company in the IT space.

Marketing

To Novell or not to Novell that truly is the question

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Novell

Pros

1) At an individual level most of the Staff are great; very personable and hard working.
    2) Because of the relatively small size of the company currently, it actually creates a more relaxed, 'non-mega-corp' atmosphere as people appreciate the importance of getting on with it, rather than concentrating on 'empire building'.

Cons

1) Career advancement is, shall we say, limited as the company could be dissected rather shortly. 2) Because of financial constraints, pay rises are sadly aspirational
    3) Sometimes, one get the impression that a lot of the corporate policies were written when the company was rather larger and rather more ponderous and not trying to fight for its very existence!

Re-branding existing products with pseudo-clever topical names hardly justifies multi-million dollar salaries and bonuses while fooling nobody in the market for software! One gets the impression that instead of a clear plan that senior management is trying to 'back every horse in the race', in the hope that one will come home a winner!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Novell