Novellus

www.lamresearch.com

Career Stagnation

Staff Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsTime Flexibility. It is very convenient not having to report to work on a rigid schedule and take time off with minimal notice. Internal customers are always pleasant to work with which makes the stress level low.
Minimal politics involved at least at my level. Healthcare coverage is one of the best in any industry I’ve seen.

ConsNo future in sight no advancement options, no job and/or knowledge growth. The mentality at Novellus is that little attention is given to individual contributors. They are generally not well recognized for the amount of work and dedication they have on their job.

Management close-mindedness: Once you complete a project, task or program, you’re pigeon holed in to that expertise and not assigned anything beyond the scope of that. This makes for very high attrition rates which management denies.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop Heavy. Need to pay attention to regular employees. CEO is out of touch with the employees and the company and don't think he's agressively moving the company in the right direction. I think he just likes to keep busy and keep his job as a hobby.

Going nowhere as a company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Novellus

Pros: Novellus has a good reputation in the industry, leading in some technology areas such as copper plating. There are many smart people at Novellus.… Cons: The leadership at Novellus is not very effective. There is no clear direction. Ideas and new products to support the future of… Advice to Senior Management: Look to the future - we are being left behind. … More

It's a job.

Program Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Novellus

Pros: Misery loves company, I guess. Oh, and they have cash in… Cons: The company is trying to play with the big dogs, but they are too short-sighted to make the investments required to compete at that level.… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize that your greatest asset is your people, and they're rapidly exiting. Spend… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Novellus.

Worked for Novellus? Contribute to the Community!