There are newer employer reviews for Novitex

New company, new management

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Novitex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of these jobs are easy enough job to do part-time during high-school or college.

Cons

If you're still here after getting a college degree this company will likely end up being a weight that drags you down.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Novitex (View Most Recent)

A Company that Never Learns!

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at Novitex full-time

Pros

The one objective this company meets is that they hire some of the best employees! The employees are professional and over-qualified for the positions in which they are placed. Regardless of the lackadaisical management practices from those above the basic workers, the employees work seamlessly with those who are in other offices.

Cons

The single star is because I cannot give a lower score. The company hires people who are over-qualified for the positions and then provide no opportunities for advancment. My criticism comes from both my experience and the experience of others with whom I have worked. For me, the greatest disappointments come from: no raises (the last was a 1.75% raise years ago), no opportunity to gain experience (the work is mastered within a short period of time), and the lackadaisical attitude toward lower level employees.

Currently, we have a wonderful manager... therefore the emphasis of "lackadaisical" does not apply to all management. However, we have experienced more than one manager who failed the employees in huge ways... In many of the offices, the employees are left hanging by their managers, which was very difficult for many during the transition from being a part of Pitney Bowes and becoming Novitex.

On a personal note:

For the last year, I have been actively seeking other job opportunities. Recently, I updated my resume online and received a call from a Novitex recruiter. This individual obviously did not look at the resume as they offered me the EXACT same job in which I currently excel and have mastered... Hmmmm... an "On Call" position for someone who is already overqualified? Insulted or disappointed?

When the economy finally picks up, you will see a mass exodus from Novitex. The employees with initiative and ability will go elsewhere to pursue career options.

Understand that your employees cannot continue to afford to work for a company that does not provide reasonable raises. The cost of food, shelter, and fuel continues to rise and management is creating financial hardships for the employees. Most employees have to work two jobs, which takes time away from family and prevents a work/life balance.

If you choose not to ease the financial strain on your employees, my suggestion would be to then provide opportunity for the lower level staff to gain transferable work experience so they can find career opportunities elsewhere.

Finally, it would be nice if offices had management that kept workers informed and supported. Because, it is miserable enough to work for a company that does not care... when your manager could care less, it makes going to work a depressing and miserable task. It is as though Novitex is counting on the economy to continue to plummet.

Awful! A total and complete waste of four years!

I worked at Novitex full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only pro was the opportunity to gain some experience in the industry to help embellish your resume a bit.

Cons

Where to begin? Absolutely rude, clueless and unprofessional management. I have no idea where they get these people, but I'm sure elementary school students, or as I always said, monkeys could do the job better. There is no formal training. Good luck. Baptism by fire, but it's your butt if you screw up, no matter who's fault it is. So called "team leaders" are arrogant bullies. They love to discriminate, especially if you're a white male. No raises or bonuses. No thank yous or holidays gifts. They love to belittle and management will always speak to you condescendingly. Management will lie to you and turn their back on you when they say they will help you. The ADP system is an utter joke. The PTO system is astoundingly bad. They have people milking the hell out of the system, spoiling things for everybody else when the company has to turn into an even bigger dictatorship with more ridiculous policies as a result. And this buyout by Apollo was absolute garbage. Pitney was already a sinking ship, and this new company was supposed to inject new life into it? Bullcrap. Everything continued to get worse. The ship is almost to the bottom of the sea now. I can rant on and on, but you should get the picture by now. Stay away, unless you are a glutton for punishment.

What's the point? They didn't listen then, they won't listen now. Keep up the good work losing accounts and losing your best employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Novitex

Worked for Novitex? Contribute to the Community!