Novo Nordisk

www.novonordisk.com
  www.novonordisk.com
There are newer employer reviews for Novo Nordisk

I would have loved to stay but toooo many changes!!!

Former Employee - Diabetes Care Specialist III in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Diabetes Care Specialist III in Tampa, FL

I worked at Novo Nordisk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are phenomenal! Whether they are health care or incentives!

Cons

The company is getting too big and forgetting about the people in the field that make the company what it is. They started to raise goals and then have the managers manage you as if you were not a successful representative where as prior to the increase you were the ranked in the top 10%. You didn't change how you managed your territory but all of a sudden you were not good enough.

180 Other Employee Reviews for Novo Nordisk (View Most Recent)

Unfortunately Novo has become a check-the-box-company

I have been working at Novo Nordisk full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, great products, great benefits package, they take good care of their people.

Cons

Ever since the FDA did not approve Tresiba and sent us back to do more cardiovascular studies, which came as a big surprise to all, Novo is not the same. We had hired new sales reps for Tresiba, we had completed the training and we were one step from the BIG LAUNCH and it never came. Now the company is on a hyperactivity mode doing a lot of nothing that generates no directly related sales. Of course management will never admit to it because it's all about checking the boxes. The reps that get all the glory are the ones that do all the checking the boxes while the people that are generating the sales aren't. Again, it all comes down to your immediate supervisor who usually makes or breaks your job experience. In essence, this kind of management breeds planners and NOT executioners. We have laughable teleconferences three times a week where the same thing is pretty much discussed but, we get to check the box. We do dinner programs that don't generate new sales and we spend tons of money on lunches that don't have any ROI for the most part but, we must spend or overspend. Someday when the ROI of hyperactivities is tracked down to the customer level, a lot of BS will be uncovered. Long overdue.

One of the main things you look at is the continuation of quarterly double- digit- growth which is now at 44 and that's an incredible accomplishment. Stop this hyperactivity approach, stop this senseless call plan compliance which does not make sense most of the time. Let your reps go where the business is and stop this big brother approach. You hired us to represent and generate sales, you want us to run our territories like it's our own business...well you're not allowing us to do just that. You are wasting our time checking boxes. Your surveys may not reflect that because people don't trust and fear repercussions.

Not impressed

I worked at Novo Nordisk

Pros

Pay is above most pharma companies.

Cons

Management is horrible and I wouldnt believe much you hear that is positive.

There are newer employer reviews for Novo Nordisk