There are newer employer reviews for NovoEd

Developing cutting-edge technology to solve the hardest problems in education!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NovoEd full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible work environment with a great culture - Great team with fantastic engineers and educators - Mission-driven organization; truly cares about students - Innovative technology around social learning and collaboration - Clear leader in a rapidly evolving/emerging space (online education) - Daily ping pong tournaments, complete with a trophy! - Best benefits of an early startup I've ever seen - Free meals, free classes, free gym membership, etc!

Cons

- Startup life can be challenging, but even so, this is the best startup I've seen! - Relatively small team, so limited number of potential mentors

Other Employee Reviews for NovoEd

1. Great culture, great team

Pros

I enjoy the mission, the passion, and the culture of the team. The team is very collaborative and enjoys solving challenges together. The company also takes great care of its employees. Educational technology is a very exciting industry to be in right now and I'm very excited for the new opportunities ahead.

Cons

Working at a startup can be challenging because of the long hours and the "all hands on deck" attitude. However this has its positives since it can provide opportunities to learn new skills or collaborate on new assignments.

Advice to Management

I strongly suggest we do employee performance reviews and manager effective evaluations. This would allow for greater transparency within the organization, which is needed.

Tons of Autonomy, Lots of Opportunity to Make Big Impact

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NovoEd full-time

Pros

I have worked for a few start-ups now, and I've been really impressed by the high level of autonomy given to employees at NovoEd. When you own a project, you actually own it. And it's exciting to be able to grow initiatives from idea to implementation. We are regularly encouraged to challenge the norm, and continuously innovate. What I appreciate the most is that the team is comprised of very educated-minded individuals, everyone from former TFA-ers on the instructional design side to Stanford professors on the leadership team. In terms of cultural environment, the people are awesome! There are monthly org-wide social events, and regular informal opportunities to get to know your colleagues outside of work.

Cons

Like most startups, we are pulled in many different directions by our funders, partners, and clients. Recently, we have become better (and smarter) about taking on new initiatives.