Changing company

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Novotus

Pros

The recruiters are very talented. Clients for the most part are fun to work with. Great support to do your job. Networking events are encouraged. Excellent collaboration amongst teams. Large workloads so you never get bored.

Cons

The salaries at this company seem to be below market. The environment is highly micromanaged (daily reporting on activity). Metrics are unrealistic and it's difficult to earn your full bonus. Not a lot of reasons to want to excel. Leadership doesn't seem trustworthy. Contractors don't seem to be treated as well as perm employees.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are actually worth or expect high turnover.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Incredible Place for Opportunities

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at Novotus

Pros

You control your career - Perform and you will be rewarded. Be a top performer and you will be recognized. Great learning environment for junior and senior recruiters. Family atmosphere. Open dialogue from senior management about growth, challenges, etc. Decisive Executive team that, while they have made some hiring mistakes, dust themselves off quickly, learn and move on. Awesome mentorship. Management that truly cares about you, personally and professionally. True friendships within the company. You are in an industry that is going through hyper growth and Novotus is riding the forefront of that wave. The biggest positive of working at Novotus (at least as a recruiter) is that you get exposed to so many different accounts within various industry verticals, skill-sets, sizes - You will learn so much and be able to tackle anything. The agency environment is tough, but Novotus has built an amazing company with opportunities you will not find at any other company around. Embrace the opportunities, don't complain - just worry about performing, and making the most of the opportunity you have and good things will happen.

Cons

Ceiling on career growth. I felt like it used top be a place where if you were a top performer, they'd "take a risk" on you and throw new challenges/opportunities your way. Towards the end of my employment, I felt that there was a larger stranglehold on who "owned" certain functions and employees weren't given the opportunity to rise up, and be set free to embrace new opportunities..(maybe even ones they didn't realize they'd be good at). When I joined, Novotus was a place where a fresh out grad could become a senior recruiter in 3 months, owning accounts and owning recruiting for entire RPO's. During the time I left, that career path and opportunity seemed unlikely. Also, oftentimes, there were promises of training, and professional development opportunities, but I didn't see a lot of that actually executed on during my time. WIth that said, understand that operating an RPO agency and not only surviving, but THRIVING over the past 10 years is an amazing accomplishment in itself. Look around and see how many agencies are no longer around or are floundering. It's feast or famine, but at Novotus they've steadily grown and have stuck to their belief that RPO is the wave of the future. If you find a startup company that's been around for 10 years that hasn't gone through their share of struggles and areas to improve on, let me know because they just don't exist.

Though I feel like I hit a ceiling for growth, I realized that a lot of my struggle was also a personal burden/responsibility that I had to take initiative/action on. So realize that though there are always downsides to working at any company, remember, it's all about your perspective and how you choose to act on your perceptions. Some of the responsibility lies on the company to provide the right environment. Part of it lies on your to take initiative, ignore the voices in your head and go out and make it happen.

Advice to Management

Get back to putting top performers in roles that they are unfamiliar with, challenge them, set them free and then support them every step of the way.

Growing company willing to offer opportunity for those who take it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Novotus

Pros

Open door practice, not just policy. Team environment. Employee appreciation and recognition.

Cons

Communication could flow more easily. Defined career paths would answer lots of questions.

Advice to Management

Planning and following through will create a greater perception of stability for employees. It's part of the electric entrepreneurial environment, but needs some help. Set realistic goals with clients when possible. You've got a great can-do attitude among the troops, but that also makes it harder to retain focus on the bigger picture.