Love this company, culture and people!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Novotus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Every company has their pros and cons, but this was the first time I worked for a company that would actually consider the impact of their employees while making business decisions. Business is important, but it didn't always come as the ONLY priority. From the pizza cook offs and team costume contests to the random parking lot BBQ's just to say "Thank you"... Novotus had a unique way of showing they wanted us to succeed but have fun while doing it!

Cons

As they scale up, it can be difficult to keep the culture you had when you were 20 people, after you have grown to 100 people. But any company that truly wants to grow will ask their employees the tuff questions. They will learn from them and make adjustments. If you don't, it will hurt you in the end. (Something I learned while working for the #1 employer in the world, which I couldn't have gotten here without my leadership at Novotus.)

Treat each employee as if they are equally valuable while motivating them to get to the top. "Politics" will kill your culture.

Other Reviews for Novotus

Great Company!

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at Novotus full-time for more than a year

Pros

The leadership in the organization is outstanding and they truly care for their employees. To work here you must have the ability to understand what is to work in an environment of growth and change. Growth and change can both be painful, and is not always pretty. Novotus is changing and I truly believe they have a great future!

Cons

For me, It is difficult to have a work/ life balance AND be successful in this job. It is very hard work and you must understand you will be facing many diverse clients. With the changes happening, I truly believe this will improve over time.

Keep the culture positive and keep hiring positive leaders!

Wort Company to Work For Ever !!!!! Run Far Away and Fast !!!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Novotus full-time for more than a year

Pros

NONE... I believe after reading all the reviews that I will saying a lot of the same thing that were said before but with less filtering.

Cons

Every aspect of what Novotus says they stand for is a LIE!!! I have watched managers lie to staffs face, and then fire them when they ask and try to hold management accountable. No sense of security. They deal in false hopes, and deception. Average employee tenure is 12 months, meaning no future no career. Very young culture which plays to the managements teams strengths, and ability to manipulate minds that are less seasoned. Lots of dry rhetoric cool buzz words thrown around but no substance. Zero leadership support. Unrealistic metrics. You don't feel as if you are a person more like you are what your scorecard says you are...a number! Misuse of the word leadership team. Leadership is supposed to equal = the position or function of a leader, a person who guides or directs a group. At Novotus Leadership =me and Mike Mayeux are best buds, he pays me great, but the staff gets paid peanuts and I over see a bunch of stuff that I have no grasp over. Yay! I'm a natural born Novotus Leader. This company says it has values, but just a heads up if you put in your two weeks after the the close of a quarter you are entitled your bonus. However when you have been scoring over the 90 percentile for the last year and a half, dont be surprised when your final score is below average (giving them an excuse not pay you out.) They're a poorly managed company that doesn't see value in a work life balance. Absolutely ZERO opportunity for upward mobility lots of racial tension, and off color jokes. Most companies look for ways to make you successful Novotus is the opposite. ZERO training taking place your given too many tools and hopefully you can decide how and when to use what uyou need where you need it. They specialize in tracking your phone times, hence another way for them to try and micromanage you. They say they track phone time for "YOU "its there so you can determine what times you are the most successful making calls, and help identify calling patterns" thats direct quote from of the leadership idiots mouth. Only flaw in that premise is that your never allowed to see your phone time log, and if I am professional at what I do don't you think I have identified when I am doing my job the most effective. So that's a perfect example of the dry rhetoric they use to make senseless points. If you read this and still think its go all the desirables of a top notch company I encourage you to join the cesspool that is Novotus.

Horible.... Treat your people better. There is a clear reason 35% of the staff has left in the last 2 months. The only common denominator in that equation is the leadership team.

There are newer employer reviews for Novotus.

Worked for Novotus? Contribute to the Community!