There are newer employer reviews for NuStar Energy

Not a good place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at NuStar Energy

Pros

Nustar Energy's benefits are some of the best in the industry and their retirement plan is very good as well.

Cons

1. I did not receive a performance evaluation in the entire time I have worked at Nustar Energy. When other people in my department received stock options I did not as I have not had a performance evaluation. I asked my manager about this and he said that he 'forgot', but that he would do one next year.
2. Work performed is not complimented or acknowledged.
3. My manager steals credit for projects that I have excelled in performing.
4. You are told to contribute at least 1% of your salary to United Way. The unspoken word is that if you don't you will not be promotod.

Make sure that every employee has a timely performance evaluation at the company as that seems to be lacking. Try to cut down on the 'good old boy' culture.

23 Other Employee Reviews for NuStar Energy (View Most Recent)

NuStar Energy, A Shinning Star in The Industry.

Current Employee - I/S Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - I/S Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at NuStar Energy

Pros

Very Professional Atmosphere mixed with relaxed low pressure environment. Employees are trusted, and empowerment is visible through the company. A great sense of pride is visible in every department, great sense of respect from peers and managers. Great pay and benefits, bonus, stock options, it makes a difference when acompany is trying to be the best.

Cons

NuStar is still small company in comparison, but still growing after spin off from Valero, The roots are strong and some employees need to get over the spin off from Valero. Although its nice to volunteer to help others, its seem like it’s a job requirement, If you don’t pledge to volunteer or donate to the United Way, you feel like you job would be at stake.

Share information on salary grade, publish salary ranges. Be more open, Salary ranges/earning potential shouldn’t be a secret.

Don't be so head strong in the volunteer arena, employees feel like it’s a condition of employment, your using your employees to support you own ideals.

Engineer

Current Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at NuStar Energy as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

of course for it's high salary

Cons

work hard and always work over time

office culture is very hard to live

There are newer employer reviews for NuStar Energy