NuStar Energy
www.nustarenergy.com San Antonio, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not a good place to work.

San Antonio, TX

ProsNustar Energy's benefits are some of the best in the industry and their retirement plan is very good as well.

Cons1. I did not receive a performance evaluation in the entire time I have worked at Nustar Energy. When other people in my department received stock options I did not as I have not had a performance evaluation. I asked my manager about this and he said that he 'forgot', but that he would do one next year.
2. Work performed is not complimented or acknowledged.
3. My manager steals credit for projects that I have excelled in performing.
4. You are told to contribute at least 1% of your salary to United Way. The unspoken word is that if you don't you will not be promotod.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that every employee has a timely performance evaluation at the company as that seems to be lacking. Try to cut down on the 'good old boy' culture.

NuStar Energy, A Shinning Star in The Industry.

I/S Specialist (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I have been working at NuStar Energy

Pros: Very Professional Atmosphere mixed with relaxed low pressure environment. Employees are trusted, and empowerment is visible through the company. A great sense of… Cons: NuStar is still small company in comparison, but still growing after spin off from Valero, The roots are strong and some employees need to get… Advice to Senior Management: Share information on salary grade, publish salary ranges. Be more open, Salary ranges/earning potential shouldn’t be a secret. Don't be so… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Engineer

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at NuStar Energy as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: of course for it's high salary Cons: work hard and always work over time Advice to Senior Management: office culture is very hard to live More
There are newer reviews on NuStar Energy.

Worked for NuStar Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NuStar Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NuStar Energy CEO Curt Anastasio. All reviews posted anonymously by NuStar Energy employees.