NuVasive
www.nuvasive.com San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Cultish

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you're a young person trying to get a start in medtech, it's a good spot. The lower and middle management ranks are reasonably competent and care about the well-being of their reports.

ConsThe place is a cult. Way too much time is spent worrying about "the culture", while not nearly enough is spent actually managing the business. Upper management is strong at brand marketing and raising capital. At building and maintaining a corporate infrastructure, hiring practices, IT systems, and the other nuts-and-bolts aspects of running a medtech business, they are the least competent group I have encountered in my career.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has grown stale, and it shows in the quarterly results. It's time to reinvent yourselves. Probably doesn't hurt to encourage some upper execs to retire to board seats and bring in some fresh blood to reinvigorate the company.

Buy Completely into the Company Culture ---OR ELSE!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NuVasive

Pros: Better than average salary (but severely negated by hours of… Cons: At first blush this is an excellent place to work. Great salary and benefits and some nice co-workers . After your first day… Advice to Senior Management: Be exceptionally clear to potential employees what your weekly work time expectations are. Do not expect employees to complete all of your training modules… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I like the people I work with at NuVasive - they are why I keep coming to work each day.

I have been working at NuVasive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The best part about working here is the people that I work with. I really appreciate my bosses and how supportive they are of… Cons: Long drive (in traffic). I sometimes feel the "Absolute Responsiveness" is used against us. It doesn't allow for making sure that the work… Advice to Senior Management: I feel upper management should curtail some of the spending they do - first class airline seats, waiting until the last minute to decide on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on NuVasive.

Worked for NuVasive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NuVasive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NuVasive CEO Alexis V. Lukianov. All reviews posted anonymously by NuVasive employees.