NuVasive

www.nuvasive.com

Demanding but REWARDING!

Current Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat culture in a great industry (not to mention in a great city)!

The management and employees truly care about improving peoples' lives. They always put the patient first and insist on high levels of performance.

This is an incredibly intelligent and hard working group of people dedicated to changing surgery and improving patient outcomes. This company creates some truly innovative and industry changing products that every employee can be proud of.

Being around ambitious and altruistic people is invigorating and makes you want to work harder to make the world a better place.

They never lose site of their goals and sense of purpose: improve spine surgery.

Lot's of opportunities to get involved with philanthropy and community outreach.

ConsLong hours are required of certain groups. This is not the place for you if you cannot handle high pressure and high performance demands.

As the company grows some of the culture is being lost. Bureaucracy is creeping into the company and the nimble, fast paced, start-up mentality is diminishing.

Only certain charities (that further the companies interests) are supported by management.

There is little room for political dissent if you want to further your career here.

Some people can take the culture a little too far and fail to realize their own shortcomings. At times, the culture can be used as a weapon and can form cliques.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to continue to grow and lead the industry in innovative and high quality products you have to reinvest in your company, your physical assets, and your people. Improve your internal systems and processes, reduce and disincentivize bureaucracy, and keep your share-owners (employees) as your number one priority. Keep an outside-in approach vs. an inside-out approach: what do your customers need and how do we satisfy them vs. this is what we have so take it or leave it.

Full Speed Ahead!

Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at NuVasive full-time for more than a year

Pros: highly innovative and rapidly expanding company, strong and aggressive leadership, experienced and intelligent workforce, pure spine play allows for good focus and prioritization,… Cons: fast-paced environment that leads to burn-out, recognition is inconsistent, big expectations relative to compensation,… Advice to Senior Management: find a better approach to performance-based compensation to keep workers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Innovative company with a supportive but aggressive management style

Spine Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at NuVasive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Products and procedures you can sell Cons: Hard nosed managers who don't necessarily help just demand Advice to Senior Management: Be more supportive of your sales force and the time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on NuVasive.

Worked for NuVasive? Contribute to the Community!