Project manager in Burlington office

Former Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great, I made a lot of friends The products are great

Cons

Difficulty integrating acquisitions Long working hours Not enough resources devoted to process improvement

Advice to Management

Prioritize, don't try to do everything Allocate resources to process improvement

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company, committed to customers.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of our solutions focus on improving patient care. What we do makes a difference in the real world. We work with amazing talent who create tools that are simply amazing. The benefits are generous and are consistently improved year after year. Raises and bonuses are merit based and fairly distributed.

Cons

Decision making can be slow and the politics heavy. Much of the internal processes could be streamlined. Some tools are enforced without providing any actual benefit and more cutting edge tools are ignored.

Advice to Management

Work towards a culture where all voices can be heard.

great if you want to work from remote, not so good if you want a career

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Largo, FL

I have been working at Nuance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company doesn't mind remote working. I am living close to one of their major hubs but very rarely come to the office which helps with work-life-balance. I had about 4 roles with the company and never was I micro managed. The closest supervision I had was where I needed to fill out weekly status sheets. That's that. In the roles I had I have yet to find a really dumb person. The people at the working level are generally smart and friendly.

Cons

There is no career perspective and rewards are seldom issued. Compensation is sub market. I did several jobs here. Before my current role I straddled so many tasks that they ultimately needed to hire 3 people to backfill. Conversely I had months where I produced very little. It doesn't matter either way. You neither get acknowledged for the hard work nor punished for doing little. The company just doesn't care either way. If you want to make career you need to align yourself with distinct circles within the company. This is way more important than having ideas or working hard. [ I have no experienced in the medical division - they may be different]. If you want a day job than this is a good company. If you want to move something, get recognized and have a say...not so.

Advice to Management

reward employees for what they do