Nuance

www.nuance.com
  www.nuance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

Some great people in the firm and some cool products but...

Former Employee - Manager in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At the mid level and even at the layer below the exec level there are some really great folks. Hard working, friendly and approachable. They have several products that are very cool and very cutting edge -- so working there from a technology standpoint may be different than working there as a non-tech person. There is a small, clean gym on site and a pretty good cafeteria.

Cons

Historically there has been a lot of turnover either voluntary or involuntary in many of the departments. If you are interviewing with them ask what their attrition rate is for their group. Also be wary of the CEO. He has a reputation of ruling by humiliation and of being very difficult to deal with. The rest of the exec team seems fine.

346 Other Employee Reviews for Nuance (View Most Recent)

So far so good

Current Employee - NLU Research Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - NLU Research Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working remotely is great! Interesting projects, nice people, plenty of direction. Salary and benefits are really nice - 20 days vacation!

Cons

It's a giant multinational corporation. Beyond that, I can't complain so far!

Great company, committed to customers.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Nuance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many of our solutions focus on improving patient care. What we do makes a difference in the real world. We work with amazing talent who create tools that are simply amazing. The benefits are generous and are consistently improved year after year. Raises and bonuses are merit based and fairly distributed.

Cons

Decision making can be slow and the politics heavy. Much of the internal processes could be streamlined. Some tools are enforced without providing any actual benefit and more cutting edge tools are ignored.

Work towards a culture where all voices can be heard.

There are newer employer reviews for Nuance