Nuance

www.nuance.com
  www.nuance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

Everyone is overworked and management is inept

Former Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Project Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

cafeteria has good food, and like all places there are some really nice people there.

Cons

Management has no idea how to lead people, how to give them the tools they need to succeed, or even how to properly prioritize. Turnover is enormously high both because good people leave and because good people are booted when they don't conform to the politics.

The company culture starts out by distrusting their employees and makes them prove their worth by overworking them. Management values hours worked not productivity, so a great employee who has a family and can't work massive overtime will get the shaft. I can't under emphasize the distrust part. My boss required I cc her on every email I wrote and required her approval for all emails sent to people above me in the hierarchy. Often when I sent her those emails she completely rewrote them and called them 'edits'.

Acquisitions don't work in the long run if you don't know how to leverage the acquired company. Instead you have a portfolio of products that is confusing at best. You are continuing to grow through buying companies at a rate the company can't manage.

Focus on your culture. It stinks.

343 Other Employee Reviews for Nuance (View Most Recent)

Poor Management

Former Employee - Project Administrator in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Project Administrator in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of PTO, decent cafetetia food.

Cons

Everything is wrong with this company.

Get rid of the CEO.

Large corporation focused licensing

Former Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Burlington, MA

I worked at Nuance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Successful. Extremely driven executive management. This is a company that will always get the upper hand in any negotiation. Incredible IP portfolio.

Cons

Focus is on sales and licenses, not very much employees or work environment. Innovation comes mostly thru acquisition but that value is eventually squashed by the sales focused culture of Nuance.

Spend a some real time, effort and money on investing in your employees and updating the infrastructure.

There are newer employer reviews for Nuance