Nuance

www.nuance.com
  www.nuance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nuance

My experience at this company was very good, and got to work with some great people.

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - QA Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Nuance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are good opportunities to advance your a career. Management is very supportive of your ideas and suggestions. Telecommuting is permitted, flexible schedule. The company offers good benefits, and also provide additional training to continue learning new skills. You get to work with some great people from all over the world.

Cons

There is a lot of work, and not enough resources. Long hours of work is required to meet the project deadlines.

343 Other Employee Reviews for Nuance (View Most Recent)

Good Technology company led poorly

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Nuance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

General
    - Great Technology and have some great Products
    - Own many key patents in the distruptive Speech technology (- Some Business Units are having strong growth.

Benefits
    - Telecommute. This helps work life balance to some extend. But you work load keep you rethinking if Remote Work really helps
    - 4 Weeks Vacation (But note that this will inlude your Sick Days too)

Cons

- Fails to reward Employees for the success
    - CEO and Executive Management takes fat paycheck and they try to defend the meager Bonus and pay hike they hand over even in stellar growth years.
    - Lack of Work Life Balance even though Telecommuting
    - Poor 401K match
    - Health plan is not really great compared to other similar Tech companies. Get ready to pay a good amount as employee share. Benefist doing poor job in negotating best plans but try to market it well.
    - Professional Services is considerd World Class but it depends on which part of the Oganization you are. The main aim is get teh Work Done "Somehow" rather than doing it the right way and more efficiently

Was wondering if you are really taking look at Employee SAT Surveys and taking any actions .

No Work Life Balance

Former Employee - Finance Analyst
    Former Employee - Finance Analyst

I worked at Nuance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has great technology. Smart co-workers.

Cons

No work life balance. Expect you have to skip lunch, work overtime, and let go your PTO. The deadline was keeping changing: from 7 weeks to 4 weeks and then they think you should complete in 2 weeks. No explanation, no appreciation. My manager constantly blamed me for her own mistakes. Her mood swings a thousand times a day. One guidance I got from her I can never forget: "You can not use an Excel to examine an Excel. You need to use a calculator."

Open direct and one-on-one communication with your staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Nuance